What Makes a Website a Winner?
A good website entices visitors to return often to see what’s new. Encouraging your customers to bookmark your site is one way to get them to come back and make your website a Favorite.
Here are 6 things winning websites have in common:
• Websites are run by people who know what they want. Small business marketers who have successful websites have clear strategies, goals, and priorities.
• Websites use technology that’s appropriate to their mission. The options range from simple product illustrations to You Tube videos.
• Websites streamline design. The most important ingredients are clarity and ease of use.
• Websites make it easy to learn about the company. This is accomplished with two key pages: “About Us” which is a brief history and mission statement; “Contact Us” which should have a mailing address, e-mail, fax, and phone numbers.
• Websites change because the owners focus on marketing innovation. The innovations range from digital newsletters, online forums, and blogs to contests and relevant activities encouraging customer participation and loyalty.
• Websites are evaluated based on the ROI for the business. It is important to know just what you’re getting from all the time, money, and labor you invest into your website.
Another important action to implement when marketing on the internet is to stay up to date on your competition. Take a look every once in a while at the marketing message being displayed on your competitors’ website. Does your website match the ease of use and pertinent information the competition is displaying?
The visitors to your website are seeking information on the benefits your company can provide to satisfy their needs. Whether you are selling a service or a product, provide the pertinent information that will make it easy for them to buy from you.