How to Make Your Website E-Commerce Friendly
Sell! Sell! Sell! This is the mantra of every business. And it is the gospel of any company that makes money solely through e-commerce. Effective website design encourages your visitors to take the next step. It combines good layout with page copy that induces customers to buy products or take some kind of action.
Here are some “Do’s” of E-Commerce:
- Do include a link to the order page on every other page of your site.
- Do have the products on display in the right fashion with clear information and strong calls to action.
- Do tell the customer you are offering any post-sell service like free shipping and money-back offer.
- Do build in as much consumer choice, freedom and control over the process as possible, and include ample opportunity for them to bail out of a transaction before they are locked in.
- Do offer customers a choice in privacy matters. Ask them whether or not it is all right for you to send them emails on special sales or to share their e-mail address with your marketing partners.
- Do wait until the end to request credit card information.
- Do tell the customer your site is secure.
- Do wait until the transaction is complete to request survey data.
- Do cautiously recommend related items to go along with their purchases like a leather protection crème to go along with a pair of expensive dress boots.
- Do give the customer all your contact information and be sure to include a phone number.
- Do let them “like” you on Facebook.
Doing the little things can create an online purchase venture that is safe, informative, and customer friendly for viewers and will certainly go a long way to help your customers Buy! Buy! Buy!